Ncardia is looking for a (Senior) Scientist which will hold key responsibilities to develop processes and analytical methods for the manufacture and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell models. The position also involves supporting project acquisition and project leadership. Projects are executed with companies active in biotechnology and cell therapy. He/she will report to the Director of Manufacturing Technologies.
The ideal candidate is creative, client-oriented, and results-driven, has an established track record of success with sound technical qualifications and knowledge in stem cell and developmental biology with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
• Serve as a key scientist and project lead in stem cell process development
• Establish project plans for the development of processes for manufacturing of hiPSC-derived cells, according to defined timelines, budget and milestones.
• Design and execute studies for the development of novel hiPSC-derived cell types.
• Establish documentation regarding the specific bioprocess development and batch production processes (e.g. SOPs, Work Instructions, Records)
• Foster a collaborative work environment for project teams (including Business Development and QA), lead and motivate project team members to ensure sound technical and commercial decision making.
• Listen to customer requirements, design project proposals that address customer requests together with peers and our global Business Development team
• Communicate routinely with management, peers and clients to discuss about direction and strategy and resolve problems or issues.
• Ph.D. in life sciences, developmental biology or related discipline.
• Proven track record with stem cells, iPSCs and differentiation into functional cells in adherent and/or suspension-based culture systems
• Experience with development, optimization and scale-up of mammalian cell manufacturing processes and process characterization (strong statistical analysis, familiarity with QbD/DoE approaches is a plus)
• Excellent reporting and documentation skills, strong affinity with data analyses and data presentation
• Attention for details, dedicated, result oriented, and a drive for problem solving
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
• Ability to work effectively in a project-based manner within a global team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when weekend work is required
• Affinity with Intellectual Property, ISO9001 and/or GLP quality systems is a plus
• As a person, you are open-minded and a good communicator by nature. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
Job Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
For more details see here.