The postdoc will help to further build a glaucoma research center which employs biochemical analysis of blood and aqueous humor samples, and in vitro assays on patient cells to assess patients’ individual glaucoma profile. An important task of the postdoc will be to establish in vitro glaucoma models using cells of patients, including retinal cells derived from iPSCs. These in vitro models will be used to develop and select appropriate treatment options. The postdoc will work in a team of glaucoma specialists, senior scientists, PhDs and technicians.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent researcher who will use the freedom and opportunities that are offered to create his or her own research line, while motivated to make a difference for the patient. It is very helpful if he/she has:
- a PhD degree in cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or related field;
- preferably a few years of experience as postdoc;
- experience in cell culture, preferentially in differentiation of stem cells;
- expertise in in vitro disease modeling;
- preferentially experience with “omics” and biomarker studies;
- excellent communication skills since team members have diverse backgrounds.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for 3 years.
We offer a temporary position of 4 years (1 +3). After this period a tenured position will be considered.
Depending on experience and qualification, the gross monthly salary is scale 11 or 12 (max. € 5.826,-).
Vacancy and more details see here.
Deadline July 7, 2021.