Emulate, Inc. announced that it formed a research collaboration with Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Precompetitive, non-profit technological R&D institute – Valorizes Organ-on-Chip models – Promotes open knowledge exchange and collaborations in OoC
OoC technology combined with high throughput screening of primary human cells. – OoC predict renal toxicity during pre-clinical development.
Emulate: spin-off from the Wyss Institute – OoC put on the market – Drug testing applications
FDA: partner in this 2012 Tissue Chip program – NIH and DARPA fund research grant in OoC
- OoC: a potential to transform the drug discovery industry
- Co-culture of two cell types in a common medium
- Multi-organ chip platform
- Wyss Institute
- Airway-on-a-chip device
- Microphysiological systems (MPS)
- Improved long-term cellular viability with microfluidics
- See also Pioneers in the microfluidic cell culture field: Groups of Mike Shuler, Linda Griffith, Roger Kamm, Dave Beebe, Eric LeClerc/Teruo Fujii, Danny van Noort…